Tuesday, September 21, 2010
In class: previous experiences with in class peer conferences
Honestly, I must say that every time I have been a part of a peer conference the experience has been horrible. It always seemed that the people in my groups have been so much more interested in what others were writing about their paper, than actually writing a comment that was worth while on mine. I would always try to write a meaningful comment, but it is especially hard when you are worried about the other person's feelings. It would help if the teacher would not have the students sign their name on the essay, that way you could be so much more honest and therfore more helpful to the writer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will totally agree with you that I don't like the students sign their names on the essay too. It is hard to focus on other's essay when someone are reading my paper, because i am kind like really care about others' feeling about my paper.
ReplyDeleteI agree, peer evaluations can be a waste of time. Hopefully everyone will give their honest opinions and feedback in class so we can learn from our classmates.
ReplyDelete