Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In Class: My Ethos Argument

My Ethos argument is my TCU college ID. I believe this particular item appeals to character in many ways, the most obvious of which being that it indicates that I am in college. The ID has the TCU logo on it and even a picture of my very own face! This may be pretty standard as far as identification cards go, but it shows who I am and where I belong. College, in our culture, is viewed as a prestigious place, where the elite go to hone their skills for employment that will, no doubt, provide wealth and happiness. Now, we all know that this is certainly not a guaranty for everyone enrolled at TCU. But what it does guarantee is that I am currently on a good path, have worked hard in the past, and have the opportunity for higher learning or a well paying job in the future...Plus I have a beard in the picture, which is definitely bonus points.

No comments:

Post a Comment