Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chosen Event

My topic is going to be the Dallas Cowboys second loss in a row to start their promising season (with super-bowl hopes) winless. Some didn't hit the panic button, other wrote the Cowboys off completely, but everyone in sports seemed to have an opinion.
I plan to find my information in sources such as ESPN and National Published sports reports, but since this issue touches close to home, I will also be using the dictation from local radio sports talk shows (galloway and Company) and even the local star telegram. I plan to start on a wide scale (the nation) and zoom in to the smaller location where the event occurred.
I chose this topic because I wanted to focus on something of interest and that I had knowledge about. I started to think too big like the gulf oil spill, or the change in global warming. I decided on a small, local sports topic and thin I can make the argument for the primary documents flourish.

1 comment:

  1. Good Choice Austin, I think it was wise choice to stick with something smaller and local instead of a global or national thing. Also a good choice to pick something you're interested in and sports is something that is written about by tons of people. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete