Hello and thanks for reading my blog. My name is Austin Panzino, I was born and raised in Fort Worth Texas and I am a Sophomore (and 3/4) at TCU. I am majoring in environmental science or geology and minoring in Business. With ALL of my spare time I train in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), and love to fight in the cage or in grappling tournaments. It is a sport that is challenging to say the least, but always keeps me thinking and growing as an athlete and a person.
Aside from the course being required I am taking it to become a better writer. I have never "Blogged" before and have to say it is a little nerve racking knowing that others could be reading my work! Hopefully I wont misspell too many words.
My main bulk of writing is like most college students, writing notes on facebook or emails to professors. I am going to be writing many letters to my long time girlfriend, who just moved to Austin, and would like to learn how to convey some humor in my writing other than saying "lol" (which is just corny). I enjoy to write because I have many ideas. But sometimes my ideas are lost somewhere between my brain and the paper.
Taking into account the points made in the text book, "Everything's and Argument", I can see how I am arguing right now. From the begging of my introduction I want you to know that I am a student, that I have a major decided, and that I have an outside interest in MMA. These things are all ways for me to argue to my readers ( I know these will be thousands!) about the type of person I am. The purpose of an argument is to sway another persons opinions or to convince someone of something, so hopefully I have convinced you that I am a good student, interested in writing, who has much to share and write about.
I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of the course syllabus, which I see as a contract for our course.
This was a very informative and good post! I think its good you are actively trying to become a better writer and as for your arguments made in this first post I would thinkg you are a good student from what I read and I think you have some great ideas!
ReplyDelete