Tuesday, August 31, 2010
In Class: What Place Will I Write About?
The first place that came to mind after reading this assignment was a Mixed Martial Arts gym. In this place there are all types of athletes- from boxers, grapplers, and muay ti, there are all sorts of people coming to this one location. I think it would be an interseting place to write about becasue I could foucs on the larger cultural framework. What I mean by that is: Most people have a low idea about what goes on in gyms like these. Alot of the sports that occur there are looked at as barbaric or lower than others. I would like to be able to tie in these perspectives with the actual happenings inside the gym. Perhaps I could show that there is some disconnect from the hard working individuals who do the sport, and the people who are on the outside. This would fulfill the cultural framework section of the paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment